Your business can provide so much more than a product or service. You can give hope.
By donating a percentage of your sales or services, you will join a powerful force of caring people who want to help people get access to clean safe water. Water. Every. Day.
It's easy to start a cause marketing giving campaign and start making an impact through your giving. Here are some important things to be aware of:
- Transparency - For any initiatives in which proceeds of a sale benefit The Water Project, transparency regarding the percentage or exact dollar amount donated per sale is required in your communications. (See Better Business Bureau guidelines (www.bbb.org/us/Charity-Evaluation/), Standard 19.) For example,: “$1 will go to The Water Project for every [product] sold in [period of time], with a minimum guaranteed donation of $12,000." The durations of your campaign and any maximum or guaranteed minimum contribution amount should be included.
- Your promotion - It cannot give the appearance of creating an endorsement, approval, or recommendation of any product or service by The Water Project, Inc. The use of The Water Project name may be used only to describe where donated funds are designated. The Water Project name or mark may not be placed on any product or product packaging.
- Indemnification - Businesses, organizations or individuals that elect to use The Water Project name or website domain as part of a cause marketing initiative or general promotional efforts agree to indemnify The Water Project against any claims arising from these efforts.
- Media Kit - Our media Kit is available online and contains our logo, logo use policy, and images that can be used as part of your cause marketing. In your promotions, please include a statement "Proud to support TheWaterProject.org".
- Social Media - We value your contribution and support for clean water, however, requests for The Water Project to promote products and services can not be considered.
- Making donations - Your donations can be made easily online at thewaterproject.org/donate, or by check to The Water Project, PO Box 3353, Concord, NH 03302-3353. Please reference that the donations are from your cause marketing initiative and the timeframe represented by the contribution.
And last but not least, let us know you are getting involved! We want to celebrate with you the impact you will be making through your giving!